Get on, Toledo! Let’s catch up with you all to start this Saturday on an informed note.
First the weather today: Clear all day. High: 82 Low: 67. Expect mostly sunny skies.
Here are the top stories of today in Toledo:
- City of Maumee opens its designated outdoor refreshment area (DORA) just in time for 4th of July weekend.
- Human Ohio: “Puppy Thursday this week! Mom (back) and her 6 puff ball babies from Naked K9 & Small Dog Rescue have all come today!” (Facebook)
- Downtown Toledo: “An avalanche is coming! Just kidding! The clouds are really cool today! Take them to the Mud Hens game tonight!” (Instagram)
- The Toledo Zoo: “The voices are there … Introducing Alexei & Rory! Thanks to everyone who helped us name the baby tigers!” (Facebook)
- Public schools in Toledo: “The Escuela SMART Academy welcomes the new headmistress and experienced TPS administrator Tasha Allen!” (Facebook)
- View center of Northwest Ohio offers ‘Blind Wine Event’ (July 22nd 5:30 pm)
- Toledo will be this year’s home Solheim Cup Golf competition In the Inverness Club, (August 31 – September 6)
- Supernatural America: The Paranormal in American Art, Toledo Art Museum (until September 5th)
- Legendary rock group KISS will play that Huntington Center August 25
- “ONE“Group Art Exhibition is a bimonthly series of art exhibitions at The switchboard until July 31st
- Rare and wondrous: Birds in Art and Culture 1620-1820, Toledo Art Museum until July 25th
- Toledo School of Arts will be free all summer Jazz in the park Series, until August 12th
- Toledo brings back Movies in the park Series, June 24th – September 16th
- City of Toledo Accepting applications for parks and leisure Youth Advisory Board
- Community mental health organization port enables 300 jobs for teenagers through their this summer Youth development services (YES)
- Lunch in Levis returned on June 10th and will last until September 16th. It features live performances, food stalls, and other activities related to this year’s event Solheim Cup and Toledo Jeep Fest
- Toledo night market has returned offering live music, food and shopping, and free parking near the Toledo farmers market, 6-11 p.m. per month
- The Toledo Symphony Orchestra and the Toledo ballet have joined forces at the Toledo Alliance for the Performing Arts and have announced exciting season 2021/2022
- Toledo School of Arts offers music lessons with a focus on “Drums” everyone Wednesday in five city parks. The program is for children of all ages and does not require prior knowledge or reservations. (WTOL)
- Toleto do virtual hosting Filmmaker workshop for young people 19.-30. July
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- Sail the seas with Queen Elizabeth I, her spies and privateers (July 6th)
- Asian Lantern Festival Night 1 (July 14th)
You’re officially up to date for today. Up soon!
– Bradley King
Do you have a tip for the news or a suggestion for an upcoming Toledo Daily? Email me all inquiries at [email protected].