It’s a perfect time to take a stroll downtown and see the rising waters of the Ohio River. Cincinnati’s Smale Park was named one of them 10Best’s Top Riverwalks for 2021.
Top 10 Editors have teamed up with a group of urban planning experts to nominate 20 great American river walks. The winner was determined through a public vote.
“Over the past few decades, cities in the United States have revitalized their riversides, turning them into vibrant spaces for outdoor recreation, nightlife, cultural activities and scenic vistas,” said 10Best.
Detroit International RiverWalk took first place. Smale Riverfront Park peaked at number 5, just before Waterfront Park in nearby Louisville.
“At Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, visitors can watch river traffic, cycle the Ohio River Trail, buy fresh produce at the Castellini Esplanade farmers market, cool off in the Fath Fountain, or smell the Gardner family’s groves and rose gardens,” said 10Best.
The top 10 winners in the Best Riverwalk category are:
- Detroit International RiverWalk – Detroit
- Wilmington Riverwalk – Wilmington, North Carolina
- Schuylkill River Trail – Philadelphia
- San Antonio River Walk – San Antonio
- Smale Riverfront Park – Cincinnati
- Waterfront Park – Louisville
- Bricktown – Oklahoma City
- Mississippi Riverwalk – Dubuque, Iowa
- Chicago Riverwalk – Chicago
- Charles River Esplanade – Boston