The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University of Cincinnati is hosting the “Overcoming Obstacles” virtual edition of Robotics 2021 on Saturday, April 10th, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
This unique robotics competition aims to encourage young people to explore robotics, engineering, science and technology.
This is a competition for an individual or a small team of two, regardless of your school. No experience or membership in the robotics club is required. It is open to students in grades 4 to 12 in the categories beginner, intermediate and advanced.
There will be two formats – Block coding and Lego EV3. The participants receive a login to use the software and the virtual package for the competition. Check the platforms before registering and acclimatize for free.
In March, participants can familiarize themselves with the coding and programming and seek assistance from UC’s trainers / tutors. During this time, they will also send assignments and challenges to competitors.
Orientation and training appointments
- Saturday, March 6th, 11 am-1pm
- Friday, March 12th, 4 to 6 p.m.
- March 22, 2021 – Participants will receive the competitive course for their format and skills with details of how to earn the most points. The course will include various obstacles that participants will have to avoid but still reach the finish line. The score is based on the number of obstacles successfully overcome and time.
- Monday April 5th – Participants upload programs to the judging team for final scoring.
- Saturday April 10th – Same Day Challenges, Robotics Exhibition, Challenge Showcase and Awards through a virtual platform.
Registration is limited. Complete the registration link below by March 10, 2021.