Several contracts mark the first step in completing the Stark County East regionalization plan in the Diocese of Youngstown.
YOUNGSTOWN – Bishop David Bonnar of the Catholic Diocese of Youngstown recently made the following clerical appointments:
- Monsignor John Zuraw was appointed pastor of Our Lady of Carmel in Niles with effect from July 1st. He will remain Chancellor and Pastor of the Pastoral / Education Services of the Youngstown Diocese.
- Father Joseph Ruggieri was appointed pastor of St. Rose in Girard effective July 1st.
- Father Richard Pentello was appointed pastor of the University Parish Newman Center in Kent effective June 1, and continues to serve as Pastor of St. Patrick in Kent.
- Father Matthew Zwilling was appointed Parish Vicar of Our Lady of Peace in Ashtabula effective July 1st.
- Amy Benedetti-Dyke was appointed provisional church leader at Regina Coeli, Alliance, and St. Joseph, Maximo, effective July 1. Monsignor Lewis Gaetano was appointed canon pastor of Regina Coeli, Alliance, and St. Joseph, Maximo, effective July 1. Gaetano remains pastor of Christ the Servant in Canton. Father Patrick Manning was appointed Sacramental Minister to Regina Coeli, Alliance, and St. Joseph, Maximo, effective July 1st. These duties are temporary and constitute the first step in finalizing the Stark County East regionalization plan in Youngstown Diocese.
- The very Rev. Monsignor Lewis GaetanoVF was appointed canon pastor of the parish of St. Ann in Sebring, in addition to his responsibilities as pastor of the parish of Christ the Servant in the canton, canonical pastor of the parish of St. Joseph in Maximo, canonical pastor of the parish of Regina Coeli in Alliance and his duties as Dean of the Dean’s Office Stark East.
- The referee. Peter haladej was appointed sacramental pastor of the parish of St. Ann in Sebring. Haladej will continue his studies at Walsh University and will keep his residence at St. Mary Parish, Massillon.
- Deacon Gregory Wood was named parish leader of St. Ann Parish in Sebring. Wood’s pastoral responsibility ends June 30th in the Immaculate Heart of Mary ward in Austintown. With the transfer of wood that Very Rev. Gregory Fedor, VF, takes full responsibility for the Immaculate Heart of Mary ward.